Sunday, June 14, 2015

Welcome to Crescent Mountain Soaps!


I began making soaps about 2 1/2 years ago because I wanted soaps for myself that were free of chemicals and preservatives. I took a class to learn how to make soap and I was hooked! My first batch of soap was a lemongrass and tea tree soap. It wasn't very pretty!

I cannot even count the number of batches of soap that I've made since then! I sell my soaps at the Stephens County Farmers Market, Downtown Flowers, and All Things Currahee
I just attended the Alabama Soap and Candle Association's annual soap meeting! I had the BEST time! There were several presentations and I learned a LOT! We received goody bags that were loaded with soaping goodies! We even got to watch the Soap Queen - Anne-Marie Faiola from Bramble Berry Soap Making Supplies make a batch of soap! I even got to take a picture with her! When I was first making soap, I watched a LOT of her videos on Soap Queen TV on YouTube. I still watch her videos to learn new techniques. They are a great resource to learn about making soap!


 It was a great 2 days at the Alabama Soap and Candle Meeting! I met other soapers and was able to learn from them. I even participated in a swap! That was a great way to see how others package items and different items to make. I can't wait to attend next year's meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment